About A Man

10:01 AM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

Let me tell you about a man. 

I'm really a pessimist. I started dating young and from the beginning, I knew this dating thing wouldn't be easy. I knew it would take me a couple (A LOT!) of misses before I meet The One. 

The One. 

I used to think that word was bollocks. I used to think it was not love but age, hormones, maturity, and security. I was wrong. 

When you meet that one person, there's no point denying. There's no point in running away from it. Believe me, I tried. 

So, this man. He showed me what true and unconditional love is. He showed me not only love but respect and kindness. We always hear/read this time and again:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13:4-7

I am one of those who do not believe couples saying this to another. But when I read this now, it brings tears to my eyes because of this man. Our relationship is not perfect but the way he loves is. Every word on that verse is how he loves.

My man, my love, happy birthday! May you achieve all your dreams.

I love you.

0 comments: