Hello, October. Hello, Other Woman.

11:23 AM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

It's October 1 today. I did not write anything for the whole of September. Way to go! *sigh* I really wanted to write something. I attempted to. I have a few drafts I've been meaning to finish and hopefully I'll be able to click the publish button. We'll see.

Anyway, I want to talk about something so popular in the Philippine movies these days. Yes, the Lover, Other Woman, Mistress, Kept Woman, Querida, and whatever name you want to call him/her. First, there was No Other Woman who starred Cristine Reyes and Derek Ramsay as somewhat a newly wed couple, with Anne Curtis as the other woman. Then there's The Mistress starring Hilda Koronel and Ronaldo Valdez as an old rich married couple with John Lloyd as their son and Bea Alonzo as the mistress of Ronaldo and girlfriend of John Lloyd. Complicated shiz, right? Now there's a new one with Derek Ramsay and Anne Curtis (AGAIN!) as about to wed couple and Andi Eigenmann as the lover. They all have the same story, basically, but having the other woman in different stages in a couple's relationship. I watched the first two and I'll probably watch the latest. I'm a sucker for cheesy Pinoy lines. I barf, laugh, and cry. I love it! 

I'm not here to make a movie review. I'm here to contemplate. Chos. A lot are wondering why there are so many movies of this kind lately. I'm not. Isn't it obvious? It's what's happening in real life. Let's pause for a while. I'll give you a few seconds to think. Do you know anyone who cheated, is cheating or being cheated on? If your answer is none, good for you. Your circle might be the holy kind. Either that or they're good at hiding their shiz. I know a lot -- men, women, gay, lesbians. Cheating knows no gender, status in life, and level of relationship. Cheating is cheating. Period. 

Now this is not a post where I act all holy and clean and cast stones on sinners. 

Since cheating is so in since forever, here's my two cents. 

I dislike cheating but it's hard to prevent. Sometimes we are put in circumstances we do not know how to handle properly and according to Freud, we are sexual beings. Put the two together and bam! You know what happens next. As an educated and self-sufficient person, I have one solution, leave the cheater. You see, a cheater will always be a cheater. I came from a family with a long line of cheaters and believe me, they don't change. They will stop eventually due to old age and maybe lack of resources but honey, that will take decades. Now, if you are the kind who enjoy suffering, well, go on and suffer. Once you tolerate a cheater, h/she knows that you can take it and will just keep on doing it. Why? Because h/she can. 

If you haven't married the cheater, RUN. Don't even think of marrying that person. We are not from a fairy tale. Nobody lives happily ever after. As Michelle Obama said, ..." When you’re dating a man, you should always feel good. You should never feel less than. You should never doubt yourself. You shouldn’t be in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t make you completely happy and make you feel whole. And if you’re in that relationship and you’re dating, then my advice is, don’t get married.".

Now, if you are married with kids. It's a totally different story and I get it. How about the kids?  But think about this, do you think your kids are that stupid to not know what is really going on? The kids know. Oh yes, they do. Stop acting for the kids and be real. Talk to them and know what they feel. Not all kids want the parents to stay together. A lot want their parents to just be happy.

Point is, why make your life miserable. Is the "love" you have/share worth the crying and suffering? Don't settle. Be the price at the end of the race. Give your self some respect. 

BTW, not everyone cheats. *smiles*

0 comments: