Happy hearts!

4:42 PM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

Hello guys! Typing this as I let my nails dry. Multitasking afternoon, yes! I know I'm a day late but I wanna greet everyone -- Happy Valentines! 

There are a lot of reactions toward this event/day. I'm just so-so. I mean I love getting flowers, not so much on chocolates since I'm not a fan of sweets, but hey, if you really cherish me, give me flowers every damn day. Or well, when you feel like it not because society and the flower shops told you so. I'm glad I have a partner who gives me flowers for no damn reason.

Let me share a story. When we were living in South Korea, he woke me up early in the morning with dozens of white roses and some other flowers in the bouquet. It was very beautiful, very pure-looking. I was surprised! I still had muta and panis na laway. Eeeeekk! Wait! I asked him, what for? Is it our anniversary? Oh shoot if it was, I completely forgot and got him nothing. Is it my birthday? Am I that busy to forget? He just laughed and told me there was no occasion. Nothing at all. I asked him again, then what are the flowers for? He told me, I woke up next to you and was mesmerized of how beautiful you are and how blessed I am. 

All together now. Awwwwwww. 


I tell you, shit like that happens in real life. And shit like that makes a very tough woman's heart melt like butter. 

OK, Point is, we don't need special occasions to show our love and appreciation for our partner. We have the whole year to show it. Personally, I don't need grandeur and an audience. Stuff like that irritates me. I like declarations of love simple and heartfelt. Franco and I try to cherish each other everyday. Don't get me wrong, we are faaaaar from being the perfect couple but we try our best to make each other happy everyday. If you make your partner happy and he/she is doing the same, wouldn't we all be living in a wonderful world? I guess we would.

I hope you had a pleasant Valentines! I spent mine with family and friends and loved every moment of it. 

Spread the love. xoxo

0 comments: