Goodbye, 2013. Hello, 2014.

2:02 PM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

Happy New Year!

I'm so happy to have spent NYE with Franco. As many of you know, we are in a LDR for quite some time now and we seldom spend and  celebrate occasions together. I'm really grateful I got the chance to spend this with him. But before I ramble on about how amazing life is, I wanna look back for a second on what happened in 2013.

Honestly, it all seems like a blur to me. Everything happened so fast. 

There were very sad moments like when we lost my Papader (grandfather). It was my first time to lose a loved one. Death is not common in our family and I am really thankful for that. I never realized how painful it can really be until it happens to you. But we are strong and we move on. We hold on to the good memories and cherish the time we spent with him. Wherever you are, Pa, we love and miss you.  


Mostly, 2013 has been good to me. I always pray to Him to keep me strong and patient. Well, He makes ways to give me these, but they come in challenges. Otherwise, how will I be strong and patient? 

There have been other trials 2013 has given me. To tell you the truth, I don't want to think about them. I wanna focus on the good. I wanna see the good in people.

After 2013, I believe I became a more mature and understanding person. I am also firmer when it comes to decision making. My mindset is more positive. My heart at peace. 

I'm really looking forward to 2014. I wanna be happier and smarter this year. I wanna set my priorities straight and focus on important people in my life. 


Sending across a happy and blessed new year, from our home to yours! 
xoxo

0 comments: