Beauty Tip: Aspirin Mask

6:20 PM Jean Melgar 1 Comments

I'm a very curious person. I ask a lot of questions and try a lot of stuff. As much as possible, I don't want to be hindered by my fear of the unknown. I don't fear trying new beauty products since I'm not allergic to the ingredients used and it's supposed to make me prettier. I don't get people, women especially, who are so afraid of trying beauty products as simple as a moisturizer! I'll talk about that some other time.

I'm blabbing. What's the deal, you ask? See, part of my beauty routine is facial hair removal. I have a very hairy face, believe me! My hair line wasn't really a hair line because it used to be connected to my eyebrows. My hairs are black and my skin is fair. You can clearly see my femstache! I have to thank threading, cold waxing, and Lay Bare for making me look presentable. I love removing facial hair but there's a downside, ingrown hair and pimples. I used to go to the dermatologist to fix my problem but it's costly. I've been searching for a solution and I think I've found one! Aspirin mask!

Aspirin (USAN), also known as acetylsalicylic acid (/əˌsÉ›tÉ™lËŒsælɨˈsɪlɨk/ É™-set-É™l-sal-i-sil-ik; abbreviated ASA), is a salicylate drug, often used as an analgesic to relieve minor aches and pains, as an antipyretic to reduce fever, and as an anti-inflammatory medication. (Wikipedia)

WARNING: DON'T TRY THIS IF YOU'RE ALLERGIC TO ASPIRIN. 

It's been popular for many years but I've only tried it recently. It's cheap, easy, and effective. Here's how I do it.

Materials:
1. Aspirin (uncoated, Bayer)
2. tap water
3. Vitamin E oil (optional)
Aspirin looks like this. 

Procedure:
1. Put 3 tablets of uncoated aspirin on your palm.
2. Add a couple of drops of water. Be gentle. You don't need a lot. (You can also add Vit. E oil.)
3. Massage water and tablet with your finger. It should dissolve in seconds. It will turn into a coarse paste.
4. Apply aspirin paste on your clean face. Stay away from your eyes, nostrils, and mouth. 
5. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. 
6. Use the mask as a scrub and wash with water. Dry your face with a clean towel and moisturize. Important to moisturize your face since aspirin may dry out your skin.
7. Do this once a week, if badly needed. Once or twice a month for maintenance is enough, I think.

Right after application of mask
After 15 minutes of waiting

After washing with water
After applying creams and moisturizer
The next day
I was not expecting a miracle but the pimples/small bumps on my cheeks and forehead disappeared the next day. Amazeballs, I tell ya!

If you wanna try it, do your research first. Read, read, read, ask. Consult a doctor if you must. A fair warning, a product that does wonders for me may not do the same for you.

Hope this helps!  

1 comment:

  1. Looks interesting! Aspirin isn't really used as a topical anti-inflammatory treatment, although it has been used as a topical analgesic. At the very least, this aspirin mask should have some nice exfoliation properties hehe.

    ReplyDelete