We live in a world full of hate.

8:45 PM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

The title of this post sounds so bitter, like I'm full of hate and bitterness. I am not. 

You know what I genuinely dislike? Friends attacking each other. I don't think that real friends attack each other. True friends accept each other for what they are. In this case, a friend attacking another friend in any form possible is not really a friend but a frenemy. 



"Frenemy" (alternately spelled "frienemy") is a portmanteau of "friend" and "enemy" that can refer to either an enemy disguised as a friend or to a partner who is simultaneously a competitor and rival.The term is used to describe personal, geopolitical, and commercial relationships both among individuals and groups or institutions. The word has appeared in print as early as 1953. - Wikipedia

If you have talked behind my back, bashed me for stuff that did not require bashing, despised me for who I am and what I have, then you are my frenemy. I'm not washing my hands. I'm no saint. Actually, I'm very far, thousand miles far, from being a saint. Are we clear on that? OK.  

Now that I'm getting older and (hopefully) wiser, I want to keep my good friends and let go of the frenemies. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. 

0 comments: