Review: L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation

12:04 PM Jean Melgar 0 Comments

Hello, hello! I'm here to give you a vanity post. 

Out of all the makeups invented in this world, my ultimate favorite is the liquid foundation. I started using makeup in high school because I was a performer. I used to use VMV Hypoallergenics 2-way powder foundation because my Mom was afraid I'd get acne problems from using makeup too early and because I did not know how to handle liquid foundation yet. I like VMV Hypoallergenics, I never had acne. The only thing is I have combination skin (more on the dry side) and powder foundations just don't do it for me. 

Enter the liquid foundation!

I read a great review of this product from Bless My Bag and it really caught my attention. I checked it out at MakeupAlley and it only got 3.3/5. There were mixed reviews about it so I was hesitant to buy. One weekend, I went to SM and asked the makeup sales girl/artist (What do we call them?) to put it on me and I liked it. Then a few happy and friendly gays passed by and complimented the foundation on me, I grabbed a bottle and thanked everyone. 





It was priced P995 but I think I only paid P895 because there was sale or discount that day. I got the N7 Nude Amber shade because it was the closest to my skin but it's actually a wee bit darker. I usually mix it with a tiny drop of sunblock or lighter foundations that I have. 

I like its consistency, not viscous but not too runny. It's very easy to apply to the skin but also dries and absorbs well. You can even skip the loose powder step, if you want. I like that you can use it as sheer, medium, and heavy coverage. It's very buildable. I also like that once applied, it looks like your skin or you're not wearing foundation at all. It feels very light and of course, SPF 17!

What I don't like is the very minimal or lack of oil control. I'm not very oily but my T-zone shines after 3 hours. Also, the shade selection in our country sucks. 

Over all, I like this product very much. Now allow me to show some photos of me wearing it. 

day time, natural light/sunlight

daytime, fluorescent light

nighttime, fluorescent light

There you have it. I like it but I'm still looking for that perfect liquid foundation. What do you think?

0 comments: