Me, pretty? What?

3:36 AM Jean Melgar 1 Comments

To say that I'm not satisfied with the way I look is an understatement. I've always felt ugly growing up. I'm short. I have big eyes and a pudgy nose. My feet and hands are too big.  I have the ugly dancer's feet. My breasts are too small. And of course, I'm fat. Insecure much, Jean? 





I will not deny that I have been insecure especially during my teenage years. Rejection and mediocrity heightened this feeling. Over the years I have alleviated the insecurity, but there are days where I feel so ugly and fat that I just want to not take a bath, dress in old momma clothes, and not brush my hair. 

I seldom (almost never) speak about my insecurities and putting it here makes me feel very vulnerable. So why am I writing about this now? Well because I cannot sleep and this issue is bugging me. LOL Seriously, I know it's a cliche when people say that being beautiful on the inside is what's important. I wanna feel pretty inside. I do.   I want to feel positive about myself and don't give a damn about what other people say. I want that prettiness inside to exude to a point where I glow like a unicorn. Although I'm not sure if unicorns glow. 


So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Is this for real? This is not you. Why do you feel insecure when you are indeed a beautiful person inside and out? Hehe ^_^

    ReplyDelete